Updates and Zombies!

An update about the podcast! It's been going on! We've been learning stuff!

Namely that a certain someone COUGHMattCOUGH makes a terrible host when he is slightly disinterested in the topic.

We had another podcast in which we were supposed to talk about narratives in general, but I didn't really communicate what it was supposed to be about, and it didn't go very well. It ended up with me babbling a lot and getting off topic. EVEN THOUGH WE HAD A DOCKET.

Long story short, I'm going to be a better communicator next time about our new topic: ZOMBIES.

I am super into this now because my Work in Progress (WiP) is about zombies - not necessarily the way you're thinking. There's really only one zombie in the story, but he's an important zombie.

But not a romantic zombie. Let's be clear.

Anyway, I've been reading up on Vodou and African myths about zombies and anthropological theories so I'm all fired up to talk about that aspect of it. Add to that the fact that none of us really like zombie narratives but want to know why they are so prevalent in the past couple of years and we're gonna have a good time! 

Maybe even a special guest. (Insert suggestive eyebrow waggling here)

OH! And in keeping with the theme of this month, you should check out Shawn T Anderson's short story on Internet Troubadours - Kill Tokens and Taffeta - It's great! All zombiefied and whatnot.

I'm still not sure if I'll post the final edited version of Life: Narrated Episode 2 - it depends on what happens during the editing process which I am scared even to start.

Also: I just finished the first edit run through of my WiP y'all! I'm excited!


Whew. That's all the updates for now. A real post is forthcoming, promise.

If you have a suggestion for what we should talk about in our zombie podcast, leave a note!

2 comments:

DMS said...

Well it sounds like you are learning a lot about podcasts through doing them (what works and what doesn't). Your new topic does sound like it will lead to some interesting discussions. Interesting to think about why zombies have become so popular in the past few years...

Awesome news about your WIP! Always good to have a round of edits done. :)
~Jess

Emily Ever said...

Thanks, Jess! Getting people together for the podcast is like herding cats, but It's still going!

Post a Comment

Copyright Emily Ever 2014. Powered by Blogger.

featured-content

About Me

I am a legit writer living in Durham, North Carolina, working at a publishing company, and ruthlessly fumigate for travel bugs on a daily basis. Follow my adventures as I try to get published, learn marketing voodoo, and pretend to be an adult.

Other Blogs

I have traveled a lot in the past teaching English and just being a general vagabond, so I have some blogs in my past. I will be consolidating them all - slowly but surely - into a single blog:

No Cilantro Extra Olives

This blog already contains my adventures in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, such as they are.

Updates on my other blogs, from Korea to India will be posted as I go through the laborious process of pulling them from their current blogs into that one.

Blog Archive

Followers

Twitter